Although Diana passed away and I shared her tribute in my blog, this is a posting of Diana’s wonderful work in the importance of yoga in recovering from breast cancer treatment and life beyond.
Author: Diana Ross, E-RYT 500, Posted By:Breast Cancer Yoga Staff.
Where do I start? What do I need to know to begin a yoga practice? One day at a time is where you start so not to set yourself up for failure. Start simple and small so a positive tone for each day is encouraged and then re-enforced. Find a reputable yoga teacher that specializes in breast cancer recovery or some great well recommended DVDs.
Now let’s begin:
- Set a specific time each day (preferably mornings) Begin with consistency.
- Brush and floss your teeth, empty your bladder, and begin on an empty stomach
- Find a quiet and well ventilated space. This space will become your sacred space for healing.
- Dress comfortably; no belts and tight jeans
- Play music that is soothing or maintain silence
- Adjust the lighting to be soft or enjoy the natural sunlight
- Create a…
View original post 233 more words